I must say I was a bit surprised when one of my colleagues told me the following issue. Navision refuses to make a connection with Dynamics 365 if you are using the Out of the box connection for Dynamics CRM 2016 and Dynamics Navision 2016. This issue will be resolved in the next NAV Update Rollup, but you should be aware of this product defect!
- The customer is using the CRM Online and the NAV machine.
- The customer opened the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connection Setup window to connect the NAV to his CRM Online organization.
- The customer got “The connection setup cannot be validates. Verify the settings and try again. Detailed error description: Invalid Request.” error message when test the connection to the instance organization.
- If you connect with an other Dynamics CRM environment (8.1), this works fine.
- Microsoft engineers don’t know if the issue would be fixed by upgrading NAV 2016 to NAV 2017.
Know issue – Product Defect
The NAV team will provide the proper fix for this issue in the next Update Rollup which will available around end of December.